The National Association for Gun Rights is seeking a full-time Regional Director. We offer paid time off, medical insurance options, dental and vision insurance, a retirement plan with a generous employer match, and other company perks such as memberships under NAGR’s account to the local gym and gun club. The primary goal of NAGR is to support and defend the second amendment by communicating with people who care about gun rights, and equipping them to engage in grassroots lobbying.
A Regional Director for the National Association for Gun Rights is the on-the-ground presence in one of the four national regions, and is responsible for executing the day to day field operations of the organization.
The Regional Director is required to seek out, obtain and then provide the organization with legislative intelligence for the states within their region of responsibility. This is to be acquired through various avenues, including legislators, legislative staff, grassroots activists, media and by other means as needed.
The Regional Director will work closely with the Director of Field Operations, and must demonstrate self-discipline, be a self-starter and execute multiple areas of responsibility while meeting strict deadlines. This position requires regular travel.
The Regional Director must:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key legislators, legislative staff, grassroots activists and organizations.
- Assist in the drafting of communications programs to advance NAGR’s legislative agenda at both the federal and state level.
- Assist in drafting communications programs designed to lobby elected Federal and state officials and candidates during election season.
- Assist in drafting fundraising communications.
- Meet with candidates to discuss the legislative goals of NAGR as well as the official candidate survey.
- Regularly maintain and update Five Columns on various legislative projects.
- Analyze legislative districts to identify ideal targets for lobbying on the Second Amendment issues.
- In the states under his or her purview:
- Keep tabs on all relevant state legislation, executive branch actions, and the actions of local governments in regards to the right to keep and bear arms, campaign finance, and other relevant issues.
- Develop a working understanding of legislative procedure and rules of the State Legislatures.
- Be aware of the major Second Amendment battles and issues facing all three branches of the state governments.
- Relay in a timely manner intelligence gathered in the field to relevant parties at headquarters to ensure accuracy in NAGR’s legislative programs.
- Work with outside vendors
- Meet with donors of NAGR and state affiliates for the purposes of fundraising and sharing the goals of our organization.
- Schedule and set up events for members, legislators and press (when appropriate).
- Use FACL based models for planning, preparing, acting and evaluating legislative fights
KEY POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Firm understanding of the legislative process, firearms terminology and gun rights issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail in the area of legislative bill tracking, reporting, and research.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and ability to quickly learn new software platforms unique to the job.
- Comfortable and confident personality dealing with legislators, legislative staff, grassroots activists, other organizations and donors.
- Self-starter and not afraid to ask questions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while managing multiple projects.
KEY RESULTS AREA:
- Clear and timely communication of important legislative information to key persons in the organizational structure to ensure the accurate deployment of legislative program.
- Presenting oneself as a professional representative of NAGR to members of the political class, donors, grassroots activists, and other organizations.
- Maintaining legislative intelligence, including Five Column Analysis, in an organized and easily understandable format.
- Assist in communication and research projects related to state and federal projects.
- Assist in the calling of political plays
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].